Welcome!, Wa, Wa, Wa!, Salam Jumpa!
This is the official site of Organisasi Papua Merdeka (OPM - Free Papua Organisation), the political wing for a free and independent West Papua as a state and people.
This is Papua Press Agency, Free West Papua Documents and Information Centre
All communities of beings in West Papua welcome you to this site. This site is particularly presented to you by the Diary of OPM (Online Papua Mouthpiece), managed collectively by the Collective Editorial Boards, directly from Papua Jungles.
Please follow links on the left Sidebar and read the documents and information available here. Some documents and information are integrated into this CMS but others are linked to external URL.
We do recognise that our English is not that perfect as you expect, but we do hope that what we present here will give you some pictures of:
- Why Papuans are demanding independence from Indonesia? or What are the reasons for the demand for independence?
- Is it possible to finally tame the Papuans and accept the 'win-win solution' offered by Indonesia within the Special Autonomy Package?
- Is this cause politically, democratically, morally and legally justifiable?;
- Will a Free and Independent West Papua be just the same as a Free and Independent Indonesia? Or what are the benefits for all commmunities of beings: in global perspectives, particularly environmentally, socio-culturally and for peace in the South Pacific?
- If you have any questions and/ or suggestions, and particularly if you want to help us manage some of our blogs and websites, please do contact us at <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, or <email@example.com>
- This site was firstly launched on 11 November 1999 in Oxford, the United Kingdom, as an agency of Papua Press as the first project of the Alliance of Papuan Students (Aliansi Mahasiswa Papua - AMP). It was originally designed to broadcast live the historic event of Papua National Congress II 2000 (26 May - 4 June 2000) in Port Numbay, the capital of West Papua.
- We do aware that there are several websites hosting various news and information similar to the ones you are browsing here. However, the main difference here is that the documents and information on this site are presented by Papuans ourselves, according to what we understand about our movement and campaigns.
- This site is mainly managed in English, however, most of the documents, particularly books are available in Malay version. The purpose of this site is to educate the international community on the cause and cases of West Papua Independence movement, therefore we emphasise the use of English. Some particular sections like Manuals are written in Malay as it is intended for Papuans.
Alternatively, you can also visit our documens to view our older version of documents here
We invite you to look at the profile of a Free and Independent West Papua at the Wet Papua State section. Thank you.
- Leaders of West Papuan Independence Movement
- Heroes of West Papuan Independence Movement
- The Read and White Command Militia
Conflicts in West Papua